Although heart disease is the leading killer of both men and women in the United States, it is often labeled as an unknown or silent killer, as many people who suffer from it have minor or unrecognizable symptoms. Because women can have very different symptoms from men, heart disease is often diagnosed too late, or in some cases, not at all.
There are ways to prevent the onset of heart disease while you’re still healthy. The proper diet, lifestyle, and exercise can greatly lessen the chances of heart disease taking over your life.
5 ways to Prevent Heart Disease:
1. Proper Exercise - Exercise is a major factor in the successful prevention of heart disease. Walking at least 30 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week consistently, is a great way to remain healthy and strengthen the heart.
2. No Smoking - If you are a tobacco smoker, it is necessary to stop smoking in order to prevent it from affecting your heart. If you’ve never smoked, it is best to keep it that way. Smokers have a significantly higher risk of getting heart disease than non-smokers. By narrowing the blood vessels, nicotine makes the heart work harder to pump blood through the body. Studies have found that even non-smokers who are consistently around smokers, are in danger of inhaling second hand smoke. So stay clear of the tobacco products as much as possible.
3. Heart Healthy Diet - Eating a nutritional diet is one of the best ways to prevent heart disease. Foods low in cholesterol, fat, and sodium, are a part of a heart healthy diet plan. It is good to consume foods rich in healthy fats like omega 3. Salmon is one of those foods rich in omega 3 fats, and olive oil is also a great addition to a healthy eating plan. Steer clear of unhealthy fats, such as, saturated and trans fats. Red meats, deep fried foods, and many pre-packaged items are foods that should be taken off of your list.
4. Regular Check-Ups - Visiting the doctor at least once a year, for a physical exam, is another effective prevention method. Getting regular check-ups can help to prevent heart disease and many other health conditions. Finding signs and symptoms ahead of time can make a real difference in preventing and reversing the disease.
5. Maintain a Healthy Weight - Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the simplest, yet most challenging ways to prevent heart disease. If you find it difficult to eat healthily and exercise, seek counsel from your doctor who may have suggestions and referrals to a dietician or nutritionist that can help lessen the challenge.
Lastly, consider helping your heart by taking natural supplements. For example, Arginine Infusion supplements from Sante Global can improve your cardiovascular health, especially when you take it in accordance with the aforementioned recommendations.