Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:38:48 AM America/Chicago
Friday, July 26, 2013 8:20:10 AM America/Chicago
Have you ever wondered the truth about health supplements? A mix of information about supplements was misunderstood or passed down incorrectly over time, leaving us with a few myths. Myths are untrue facts that many believe to be true, solely because so many people believe them.
Here are the true answers to common questions and warnings about health supplements.
- Supplements that promote muscle growth are steroids
False. Many muscle-boosting supplements produce Creatine, which is not like a steroid; your body produces it naturally. Steroids are strong drugs that increase testosterone levels to enhance performance. When taken in excess, steroids are very dangerous and addicting.
- You cannot gain muscle while you burn fat
False. Dieting and supplementing that diet with L-arginine promotes muscle growth, using Creatine. This helps muscle build while you burn fat.
- You can get the same amino acids by eating certain foods
Conditional. You could, but you’d have to eat food in portions 3 or 4 times the average size. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you have to.
- Erectile Dysfunction is a natural part of a man’s anatomy as he ages
False. Many men live full, long lives without experiencing erectile dysfunction. Supplements like L-arginine exist to promote healthy blood flow to all vital organs. This helps treat ED, making life easier for the patient.
- You can take supplements to promote muscle growth and fat burn even when you don't work out
False. Nothing will ever replace a healthy diet and a good workout. Supplements help the process, but they don't do the work for you.
- Our bodies produce enough of the semi-essential nutrients and amino acids, supplements are a waste of money.
False. Not everyone’s body works correctly. Your sedentary level and your diet contribute to the production of certain vitamins and amino acids. If you’re suffering from an arginine deficiency, a supplement could make your life much easier.